Imaging (X-Ray & Ultrasound)
OrthoNorCal Orthopedic Specialists provides imaging services, including digital X-Ray and ultrasounds for the injured areas of your body.
On your X-ray examination day at OrthoNorCal Orthopedic Specialists:
- Bring your doctor’s order and your insurance card(s) with you to your appointment.
- If an X-ray has previously been taken, please bring the films with you to your appointment.
- If you are unable to bring your previous films with you, your appointment may need to be rescheduled.
To aid in diagnosing medical conditions of the musculoskeletal system, OrthoNorcal Orthopedic Specialists provides ultrasound imaging, also called ultrasound scanning or sonography, at our Capitola and Los Gatos locations. This nonoperative procedure involves exposing part of the body to high frequency sound waves to produce real-time images of the inside of the body. Ultrasound exams do not use ionizing radiation (as used in X-rays).
Ultrasound imaging is typically used to diagnose:
- Tendon tears
- Abnormalities of the muscles
- Bleeding or other fluid collections within the muscles, bursae and joints.
- Small, benign and malignant soft tissue tumors
- Early stages of rheumatoid arthritis