Sandeep Gidvani, MDSpine & Orthopedic Surgery
As a Bay Area native, I take pride in providing Spine Care for my community. My goal is to facilitate my patients’ return to a healthy and active lifestyle. I strive to show compassion for my patients’ symptoms while keenly focusing on their diagnostic tests to arrive at solutions to spinal disease. I treat a wide spectrum of spinal pathology in the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine including spinal stenosis, spondylolisthesis, scoliosis deformity, myelopathy, degenerative disc disease, trauma, and tumor.
I completed my undergraduate education at the University of California at Berkeley with a Bachelor of Science degree in Bioengineering. I obtained my medical degree at New York Medical College. My Orthopedic Residency was performed at Penn State Hershey Medical Center, where I also spent one year investigating the biomechanics of the intervertebral disc on a microscopic level. My formal training culminated with a comprehensive fellowship in Spine Surgery at the University of California at Los Angeles under the tutelage of internationally renowned spine surgeons.
I have written several books chapters in Spine Surgery including those on Thoracic Spine Disease, Spinal Stenosis, Surgical Management of Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease, and Adjacent Segment Pathology of the Cervical Spine. I am also a reviewer for the Global Spine Journal. I am an active member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, North American Spine Society, and AO Spine Foundation. These organizations as well as my bioengineering background allow me to stay on the forefront of spinal implant technology and Spine Care. I am also fluent in Spanish and can explain diagnoses and treatment options to Spanish-speaking patients.
When I am out of the office and operating room, I enjoy hiking in the outdoors and riding along the scenic trails in the South Bay. I also can’t resist the opportunity to try the many culinary gems throughout the Bay Area.
I look forward to meeting you in person!
- New York Medical College
- Orthopaedic Residency – Penn State Hershey Medical Center
- Spine Fellowship – University of Californa Los Angeles
- Dr. Gidvani was prompt, his thought processes about my condition were clear, he took the time to listen to my situation, my history and my thoughts about the upcoming surgery. Both times my visits with him have been exemplary.
- My husband Frank had back issues wee consult Dr. Gidvani , can't not express in words his patience,understanding, carrying, and countless hours with us . Never been pressured to make a decision. Thank you for so much, my God always guide and protect you. Sincerely your patient Frank B. Amarante..
- Very caring made me understand everything before I left.and tried to get my surgery done in a timely matter
- From the first visit, Dr. Gidvani was articulate, informative. When it came to making a medical decision as to which course of action to take, Dr. gave me all the alternatives and let me make the final decision. He performed surgery on my back which was successful, we met each day in the hospital along with subsequent visits in his office.
I would highly recommend Dr. Gidvani for any spinal issues or conditions you may be experiencing, good luck!!
Click here to login Patient Portal