Helping patients get back to their active lifestyle is what keeps me coming to work every day.”
-Nathaniel P. Cohen, MD
Through my participation in several sports growing up, I developed a strong interest in sports medicine. As a Fellowship-trained orthopedic doctor with a certificate of added qualification in sports medicine, I provide experienced orthopedic care that keeps you active so you can do what you love to do. In addition to sports medicine, I also specialize in the ankle, elbow, hip, knee and shoulder. I am dedicated to providing individualized care using the most innovative, proven techniques.
When I am not treating patients or on the sidelines of a football game, I focus on designing new medical devices and developing creative solutions for patient care.
I enjoy spending my free time with my children, playing golf, hiking and sea kayaking. I also enjoy geocaching and photography.
Please let me know if there is anything my staff and I can do to improve your experience at OrthoNorCal. I look forward to meeting you!
Professional Memberships & Affiliations
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North American
- President, Santa Clara Orthopedic Club
- Santa Clara County Medical Association
- American Orthopaedic Society of Sports Medicine
- Chief of Orthopedics, Good Samaritan Hospital, San Jose, California
- Featured as Physician Innovation,AdvaMed’s Lifechanging Innovations
Dr. Cohen’s PA – Scott McFarland