Nathaniel Cohen, MDSports Medicine & Orthopedic Surgery
Through my participation in several sports growing up, I developed a strong interest in sports medicine. As a Fellowship-trained orthopedic doctor with a certificate of added qualification in sports medicine, I provide experienced orthopedic care that keeps you active so you can do what you love to do. In addition to sports medicine, I also specialize in the ankle, elbow, hip, knee and shoulder. I am dedicated to providing individualized care using the most innovative, proven techniques.
When I am not treating patients or on the sidelines of a football game, I focus on designing new medical devices and developing creative solutions for patient care.
I enjoy spending my free time with my children, playing golf, hiking and sea kayaking. I also enjoy geocaching and photography.
Please let me know if there is anything my staff and I can do to improve your experience at OrthoNorCal. I look forward to meeting you!
1994Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Columbia University
- Sports Medicine, Lenox Hill Hospital
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North American
- President, Santa Clara Orthopedic Club
- Santa Clara County Medical Association
- American Orthopaedic Society of Sports Medicine
- Chief of Orthopedics, Good Samaritan Hospital, San Jose, California
- Featured as Physician Innovation,AdvaMed’s Lifechanging Innovations
- Dr Cohen is an outstanding specialist - shoulder and hand - and also a fun person to talk to especially when one has an acute orthopedics injury. He always recommended the best and least intrusive treatment and it worked out great! Highly recommended.
- Being seen by an extremely competent PA and then by Dr Cohen was a great experience. I really like that Dr Cohen has a superb PA who spent a lot of time asking the right questions and making a thorough exam. That model works so well in the medical field. And that i was able to be seen o n the same day that i first called Doctor's office was fantastic! Not having a long wait for a future appointment was very reassuring
- Dr. Cohen explained everything about my upcoming operation in a professional and personable manner. He saw me in minutes of my scheduled appointment.
- First visit. Appointment was quick and efficient. Dr Cohen assessed and evaluated my condition and made recommendations that will start my way to recovery. Office staff were pleasant and helpful
- Once you pass the first acceptance appointment it is very easy to get an appointment with the Doctor.
I had surgery on my frozen shoulder and Doctor Cohen did a great job on it. Highly recommend this Doctor.
They have their own X-ray machine, a casting room for any injury that needs any kind of cast.
They also have an MRI machine. One stop shop! Great!
- Dr Cohen is one of the BEST SHOULDER SURGEONS EVER!!! Was terrified about my shoulder surgery but Dr Cohen did such a good job all the pain is gone and I can do almost everything I use to be able to do. He has givin me my life back!!
- Everyone at the office is friendly, on time and very professional. I highly recommend Dr Cohen and the staff.
- Dr. Cohen is a great Orthopedic Surgeon and Doctor. He repaired my Hamstring and ACL/meniscus and did a fantastic job with both surgeries!
- Dr Cohen and his assistant were patient, examined me, and answered all my questions.
- Very professional. Great experience.