Michael Nuzzo, MDSports Medicine & Orthopedic Surgery
– Michael Nuzzo, MD
Dr. Nuzzo is Board-Certified in orthopedic surgery and fellowship trained in sports medicine. His practice encompasses athletes at all levels of accomplishment and all stages of life. He specializes in minimally invasive arthroscopic procedures to treat injuries of the hip, shoulder, knee, and ankle. He takes a team approach, working with physical therapists, coaches, and trainers to get patients back to the activities they love.
Dr. Nuzzo specializes in Hip Arthroscopy and performs hip preservation surgeries to treat hip related disorders. He treats hip pain caused by femoral acetabular impingement or FAI, hip labrum tears, damaged cartilage, tendon tears, and chronic bursitis. He also performs hip labrum reconstruction for non-repairable labrum tears and Total Hip Replacements using computer aided navigation.
In the shoulder, Dr. Nuzzo treats rotator cuff tears, labrum tears, shoulder instability, fractures, and also performs shoulder replacements, including reverse shoulder replacement. He also performs superior capsular reconstructions of the shoulder (ASCR), a newly developed procedure for chronic rotator cuff tears.
In the knee, Dr. Nuzzo treats ACL, PCL and other ligament injuries, meniscus tears, knee fractures, and performs cartilage restoration procedures to include cartilage cell implantations, and osteochondral allograft implantations for damaged cartilage.
PRP is plasma with more platelets than usual. Platelets are known for having a central role in hemostasis and tissue healing. Due to this high concentration of platelets, growth factors can be 5 to 10 times greater helping injuries heal faster.
Dr. Nuzzo received his master’s degree from Georgetown University and a medical degree from Rutgers University Medical School. He completed his residency training in Orthopedic Surgery at Texas Tech University and William Beaumont Army Medical Center and completed a Fellowship in Sports Medicine, and Shoulder Surgery at Huntington Hospital in Pasadena, California.
A veteran of the U.S. Army, Dr. Nuzzo was appointed Chief of an Orthopedic Surgery department. While deployed in Iraq in support of Operation Enduring Freedom, he served as the Orthopedic Trauma Consultant for Iraq Joint Operations and was awarded the Meritorious Service Medal.
- Rutgers School of Medicine, New Brunswick, NJ
- Georgetown University, Washington D.C.
- Orthopedic Surgery, Texas Tech University/William Beaumont Army Medical Center, El Paso, TX
- Sports Medicine, Shoulder, and Elbow Surgery, Congress Medical Associates and Huntington Memorial Hospital, Pasadena, CA
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Subspecialty Certification in Sports Medicine
- Assistant Professor at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF Fresno)
- Head Team Physician Fresno Pacific University
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Fellow
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
Click here to login
Jessie 831-475-4024 X 9123
831-475-4024 X 9133
For more information please visit www.michaelnuzzomd.com