Jeffrey Kanel, MDPediatric & Adult Orthopedic Surgery
My approach to patient care is based on the philosophy that every person is different, and everyone deserves treatment specifically aligned with their individual needs. As an orthopedic surgeon specializing in pediatric care, I understand that a child is the most important thing in the world to a parent, and I am sensitive to this bond when caring for children with musculoskeletal injuries or conditions.
I am Fellowship-trained in pediatric orthopedics and spinal deformities. I am specialty-trained in pediatric and adolescent sports medicine, pediatric and adult scoliosis, cerebral palsy, congenital hip and foot disorders, pediatric fracture management, and limb deformities, including the use of the Ilizarov Method of circular external fixation. Using the latest nonsurgical and surgical techniques, I am dedicated to helping my patients get active and stay active and feel healthy.
In addition to treating patients at OrthoNorCal, I also enjoy music, photography, scuba diving, and traveling. I have been married 30 years, and have two grown children.
Please let me know if there is anything my staff and I can do to improve your experience at OrthoNorCal. I look forward to meeting you!
Member Limb Lengthening and Reconstruction Society
I am proud to provide my community with advanced limb lengthening and reconstructive services. My skills in the Ilizarov external fixation system, external fixation for fractures, correction of limb deformities, lengthening of extremities, and treatments of chronic infections, nonunions and tumors allow me to correct complicated deformities.
1985St. Louis University School of Medicine
- Loma Linda University San Francisco Orthopedic Residency Program
- Pediatric Orthopedics and Spinal Deformities Orlando Regional Medical Center Arnold Palmer Children’s Hospital
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Limb Lengthening and Reconstruction Society
- California Orthopaedic Association
- Scoliosis Research Society
- California Medical Association
- The Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America
- Santa Clara County Medical Association
- Lucile Packard Children Hospital
- Good Samaritan Hospital, Los Gatos
Click here to login
408-412-8100 X 8155