Jeffrey Kanel, MDPediatric & Adult Orthopedic Surgery
My approach to patient care is based on the philosophy that every person is different, and everyone deserves treatment specifically aligned with their individual needs. As an orthopedic surgeon specializing in pediatric care, I understand that a child is the most important thing in the world to a parent, and I am sensitive to this bond when caring for children with musculoskeletal injuries or conditions.
I am Fellowship-trained in pediatric orthopedics and spinal deformities. I am specialty-trained in pediatric and adolescent sports medicine, pediatric and adult scoliosis, cerebral palsy, congenital hip and foot disorders, pediatric fracture management, and limb deformities, including the use of the Ilizarov Method of circular external fixation. Using the latest nonsurgical and surgical techniques, I am dedicated to helping my patients get active and stay active and feel healthy.
In addition to treating patients at OrthoNorCal, I also enjoy music, photography, scuba diving, and traveling. I have been married 30 years, and have two grown children.
Please let me know if there is anything my staff and I can do to improve your experience at OrthoNorCal. I look forward to meeting you!
Member Limb Lengthening and Reconstruction Society
I am proud to provide my community with advanced limb lengthening and reconstructive services. My skills in the Ilizarov external fixation system, external fixation for fractures, correction of limb deformities, lengthening of extremities, and treatments of chronic infections, nonunions and tumors allow me to correct complicated deformities.
1985St. Louis University School of Medicine
- Loma Linda University San Francisco Orthopedic Residency Program
- Pediatric Orthopedics and Spinal Deformities Orlando Regional Medical Center Arnold Palmer Children’s Hospital
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Limb Lengthening and Reconstruction Society
- California Orthopaedic Association
- Scoliosis Research Society
- California Medical Association
- The Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America
- Santa Clara County Medical Association
- Lucile Packard Children Hospital
- Good Samaritan Hospital, Los Gatos
- Dr. Kanel is very experienced and knowledgeable. I drove my 4 year old son more than 40+ miles for his appointment. I wish him all the best and may god shower his precious and gracious blessings on him so that he get more strength to serve the society!
- Dr. Kanel was very nice. My son's arm is healing nicely, and the office is well organized.
- He is a great Doctor who knows what is best for his patients. Very informative and answered all my questions.
- Dr Kanel is an outstanding physician. He has all of the attributes I look for in a physician: experience, education, compassion, empathy, bedside manner, availability to patient, attentive listener plus he is very calming for an anxious patient such as me. His front office staff and assistants are very professional as is he. I am so very fortunate to have him as my orthopedist
- I have been going to Dr. Kanel for years. He has seen all of my children. From skateboarding injuries to high school football accidents on the field. He is caring and through and he covers all of the bases. I highly recommend him.
- Excellent communicator, doesn’t rush the appointment, and a great surgeon. The whole office is great.
- Dr Kanel is completely awesome. Excellent with info, great bedside manner, fantastic care.
- Very good service in general, very busy but excellent staff
- We have seen Dr. Kanel twice over the years for two injuries. He has always been incredible with my children and his knowledge and expertise is always apparent. I wouldn't take my children anywhere else.
- I used to see Dr Kanel as a kid and now my daughter recently saw him. He is just as kind and attentive to kids as he was before.
- Absolutely 100% satisfied with Dr. Kanel and his staff so pleasant, professional and knowledgeable. I will never be able to thank them enough for all they have done for me.
- A Professional and friendly Doctor