Christian Heywood, MDSports Medicine & Total Joint Orthopedic Surgery
As an orthopedic surgeon, I am a able to blend my interests in medicine, physics, and engineering with my passion for helping people. I am focused on the prevention and treatment of sports medicine injuries, and I enjoy working in partnership with my patients to help them recover and reach their goals. I believe in a whole-body approach to treatment and am dedicated to helping my patients not only achieve a full recovery, but also improve their overall body function and performance. Through my specialty training in shoulder, elbow, and sports medicine injuries and conditions, I provide patients wth experienced, individualized non-surgical and surgical orthopedic care. Additionally, I specialize in total joint replacement procedures and the care and management of fractures.
When I’m not treating patients, I enjoy participating in medical missionary work, good food, good music, and good surf.
Please let me know if there is anything my staff and I can do to improve your experience at OrthoNorCal. I look forward to meeting you!
2003George Washington University School of Medicine
- The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy, Kerlan – Jobe Orthopedic Clinic
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- California Orthopaedic Association
- Aptos High School
- Soquel High School
- Dr. Heywood is straight forward, honest and a good surgeon. His staff is sincere and helpful.
- Dr. Heywood fixed my hip and it was like a night and day difference he's a good doctor I enjoy going to him
- Doctor Heywood is a very caring, and capable doctor. Will definitely recommend him!
- He was really great with me,and took the time to talk and explain everything to me.
- DR Heywood is a very nice person
- Dr. Heywood was amazing. I've seen another practitioner there who, though seemed smart enough, was always hurried, busy, dismissive, and inattentive. Heywood was the opposite--a true delight.
- Excellent doctor - knowledgeable, explained fracture and treatment clearly, plus he took the time to listen and answer all my questions! He's very thorough and I highly recommend him.
- Excellent work taking care of two Meniscus tears and smoothing rough surface of cartilage. Minimal post op pain, 10 days after remarkable relief from pain.
- He did a great job answering my questions and took his time.
- Dr Heywood is patient and caring. His approach is conservative and he proposed a plan for treating my husband’s pain before he would consider surgery for him.
- Dr Heywood is amazing!