Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of healthcare and medical procedures, including terminology
- Strong interpersonal and human relation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High attentiveness to details
- Ability and willingness to be empathetic, tactful and courteous
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to use protective equipment and respond to emergency situations
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to work effectively under stress or emergency situations
- Ability to sit or stand for extended period of time
- Ability to push, pull, squat, twist, turn, lift, bend, stoop and reach overhead
- Must have CRT License and be ARRT certified
- Collect and send dosimeter film bags to ICN every month
- Maintain license and continuing education
- Must be available to travel to Campbell site that is in need of radiological service
- Be available to cover for vacations and sick days
- Spine Experience
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Prepares patients for radiologic procedures. Protects patient, self and other staff rom radiation hazards. Takes X-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety, which involves setting up and operating radiographic equipment used in the medical diagnosis and/or treatment of patients and includes implementing infection control procedures for the work area. Selects proper ionizing factors for radiological diagnosis. Adjusts/sets radiographic controls. Positions patients and takes X-Rays of specific parts of the patient’s body as requested by physicians. Processes film. Checks X-rays for clarity of image, retaking when needed. Distributes X-rays to appropriate medical staff.
- Maintains required records including patient records, daily log books and monthly reports. Performs quantity and quality control checks to ensure X-ray unit meets standards required by laws, rules and departmental policies.
- Cleans, maintains and makes minor adjustments to radiographic equipment, including determining equipment repairs.
- Maintains radiographic supplies, film and orders as necessary.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required. Knowledge of departmental computer systems operations is essential.
Job Type: Full-Time