Patient Scheduling Coordinator
- Promptly and professionally answers and screens telephone calls that come into the phone system queue.
- Schedules patient office visits and manages physicians’ daily clinic schedules.
- Explains over the phone financial obligations to the patients and/or responsible parties.
- Inputs patient demographic, insurance information, and all pertinent information regarding appointment.
- Communicates and coordinates with clinical staff on appointment and schedule changes as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent, some college preferred.
Experience: Two or more years of scheduling experience in a healthcare environment; orthopedic specialty is a plus.
Required Experience: Medical Scheduling: 2 years
Job Type: Full-Time
- Knowledge of medical terminology and organization services.
- Knowledge of insurances, HMO, PPO and authorization processes.
- Knowledge of computerized practice management system.
- Ability to use multi-line phone system, including routing calls and/or paging.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to details.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Performs well under pressure and adapt to change.
- Ability to balance and prioritize work load in a fast-paced environment.