We are looking for a professional, service-oriented team player to join our very busy orthopedic practice in Campbell and Capitola. As an Orthopedic Technician, you will be a first point of contact and play an essential role in creating a welcoming and supportive environment. Candidates must also be able to coordinate and track a variety of details to provide a seamless patient experience.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent work ethic, be a quick learner, enjoy multi-tasking and staying organized, be flexible and understand the importance of a positive, courteous and professional attitude in the workplace. Great attention to detail and clear communication with patients are essential.
High school diploma or equivalent with additional certified training and/or education; supplemented with minimum of two years of related experience in an accredited healthcare practice which results in familiarity with and knowledge of hospital or clinic routines and procedures in orthopedic, including orthopedic trauma service, pediatrics, hand, foot and ankle, sports and/or spine medicine.
- Assists physicians with patient care; properly fits and applies pre-operative braces, crutches and other soft goods; assists in preparation for and application of casts and orthopedic appliances; changes dressings; removes sutures, casts and splints.
- Assists physician and nurses with orthopedic procedures, including wound care, aspirations, minor surgical procedures and fracture reductions; instructs patients in cast and traction care and the user of orthopedic appliances.
- Assists in DME operations; maintains clean and well-stocked cast and soft goods room and orders special supplies and/or equipment.
- Coordinates data collection resources for the clinic information systems.
- Assists in the implementation of efficient and effective clinic work flows.
- Ensures proper billing procedures for DME products/services
- Remains current with orthopedic trends, care and supplies; performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of healthcare and medical procedures, including terminology
- Strong interpersonal and human relation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High attentiveness to details
- Ability and willingness to be empathetic, tactful and courteous
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to use protective equipment and respond to emergency situations
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to work effectively under stress or emergency situations
- Ability to sit or stand for extended period of time
- Ability to push, pull, squat, twist, turn, lift, bend, stoop and reach overhead